VMware vSphere 5 Live Practice LabLearning247
£ 90 - ($ 1.814)
- A distancia
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Learning247's Hands-On Real LIVE Practice-Labs allow you to experience practical application of course concepts in authentic environments without purchasing expensive software or equipment. Try out your new skills as you learn!
The VCP510 Practice-Lab will provide you with the necessary platform to gain hands on skills in VSphere 5. By completing the lab tasks you will improve your practical skills in securing vCenter server and ESXi, vSphere networking, configure shared storage, VMFS / NFS datastores, deploy / administer virtual machines and vApps, establish and maintain service levels, perform basic troubleshooting and monitor a vSphere implementation and manage vCenter server alarms. Becoming proficient in these tasks will help you understand the objectives and competencies required by the VCP510 certification exam.
Using the devices in your Real Practice-Lab you will be able to carry out the detailed tasks defined within the lab portal or simply use it as a sandbox environment to implement your own scenarios. One of the key benefits to the Real Practice-Lab service is the ability to test and configure different options in a safe working environment. You are actively encouraged to push the boundaries, if something does go wrong you can simply reset your devices and start again. Learning from your mistakes is a highly valuable exercise in developing your skills.
Using the Real Practice-Lab to its full potential will help you develop your skills in either becoming a desktop support technician or help you develop your current skill level. Once you have used the lab for either 25 / 50 or 100 hours we will acknowledge this achievement by issuing you a certificate. This can be validated by potential employers or managers alike.
- Access LIVE Labs Online Anytime for 6 months
Practice anywhere, any time - 24/7 online access with no client software
- Step-by-Step Instruction
Easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide you through your practice exercises View Sample Lab Guide (.pdf)
- Safe and Convenient Practice Environment
Experiment and practice concepts with zero hassle and zero risk with no boundaries
- Real Equipment in Real Time
Access to REAL equipment with no restrictions and full administrator privileges, live in real time
- Exam Prep
Exercises are designed to address the questions you'll face on your certification exam
- Practical Experience
The most authentic experience possible in a lab environment with real-world scenarios and exercises
- Hands-On Interactivity
Retain your knowledge and feel confident in your new skills by practicing as you learn
- Live Chat
Communicate and share ideas with other students as you go through the exercises
- Pro-Active Support
Pro-active and comprehensive support services will assist you in resolving any technical issues you encounter connecting to your Real LIVE Practice-Labs.
We'll send you a certificate to display your total hours of hands-on practical experience with Real LIVE Practice-Labs to employers View Sample Certificate (.pdf)
The following topics are samples of what is achievable in the lab environment:
- Configure VMware ESXi: As more and more organisations adopt virtualization technologies being able to effectively deploy and configure these products is fundamental to their success. Using the exercises and devices in your Real Practice-Labs servers you will be configure the core management components of VMWare VSphere 5 including DNS and routing of the management interface as well as other advanced memory, processor and licensing settings.
- Upgrading host and guest components: Using your Real Practice-Lab environment will enable you to carry out upgrades to elements such as VMFS versions, distributed switches, guest hardware versions and VMWare tools. Even if you have experience in previous version of VMWare ESXi it is always good to test these upgrades in a safe working environment so that you become comfortable with the process.
- Securing vCenter Server and ESXi: Managing the security access of your VMWare environment is vital to ensure that rogue guests cannot be created and stop VM sprawl from happening. Using your Real Practice-Lab you can evaluate all the security options available to you. These include the ESXi firewall, lockdown mode, network security policies and controlled user access. Once you have tested and evaluated these features you will be in a position to define and deploy a security policy in your own organisation.
- Managing network components in ESXi: Having an understanding of VMWare networking is extremely important to providing a environment that is both functional and secure. Using you Real Practice-Lab you have the ability to manage / edit standard and advanced networking components. You will discover how to create and manage vNetwork Standard Switches, vNetwork Distributed Switches, vSS and vDS Policies.
- Virtual Machines and vApps: Creating and managing guest operating systems is the most common task for anyone administering a VMWare environment. Understanding how to deploy, manage and troubleshoot virtual machines is a crucial part of the job. Using your Real Practice-Lab you will be able to create, deploy and administer virtual machines and vApps, manage virtual machine clones and templates. You will also carry out more advanced topics like create and administer resource pools and migrate virtual machines. Practicing these tasks will assists you in becoming a more proficient engineer.
- Maintain availability: One of the potential downsides of virtualization is having your guest operating systems dependent on a single piece of hardware. In order to mitigate this risk you can build a fault tolerant environment with the use of some features built-in VMWare VSphere. Using your Real Practice-Lab you will have the ability to create and configure VMware clusters and backups which help you plan for a resilient platform in your own organisation.
- Troubleshooting and monitoring: Being able to identify and respond to problems before they arise is the mark of a proactive engineer. Using and configuring the tools available to you makes this function much easier. Using your Real Practice-Lab you will be able to perform basic troubleshooting functions as well as configuring alerting within Virtual Center to assist you in identifying and alerting you to problems.