Sports Massage Level 3Learning247
£ 360 - ($ 7.088)
- A distancia
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement by NCFE
- Course Code: UFHL08
- Gain a detailed understanding of anatomy and physiology necessary for effective massage.
- Learn how to boost clients' sports performance and aid recovery from injury through massage.
- Learn how to produce and tailor safe and effective treatment plans for a wide range of clients.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of massage theory and technique
Unit 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- The skeleton
- How do muscles work?
- The nervous system
- Ligaments and tendons
- Strains and sprains
Unit 2: Understanding Sports Massage
- Who is sports massage suitable for?
- How does sports massage work?
- Where and when sports massage should take place
- Pre-event massage
- Intra-event massage
- Post-event massage
- The benefits of sports massage
- What equipment do I need as a massage therapist?
Unit 3: Contra-indications and Injury
What is a contra-indication?
Lymphatic drainage massage
Unit 4: Client Assessment and Consultation
- Therapist safety
- Subjective assessment - Client history
- Treatment plans
Unit 5: Massage Techniques 1
- What is a massage stroke?
- Types of techniques - Effleurage, Petrissage, Compression, Vibration, Friction, Tapotement
Unit 6: Massage Techniques 2
- The need for different massage positions
- Prone massage positions
- Neck and shoulders
- Legs and feet
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE.
Our course has been accredited under our NCFE IIQ Licence and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual's Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
This course has been developed by OSC which has been accredited with NCFE's Investing in Quality (IIQ) Licence, which is designed to give formal recognition to an organisation's bespoke courses that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) .
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor .
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have, In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.