Rotherham Ear Care study dayAnglia Ruskin University
£ 9.250 - ($ 181.368)
- Cambridge (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Anatomy and Physiology
The objective of the study day is to revise the anatomy and physiology of the ear, including the mechanism of hearing. Assessment of the ear and safe irrigation with water is also covered.
An overview of common ear conditions, including acute/chronic otitis media/externa, safe and unsafe tympanic perforations, cerumen (wax) impaction, chronic ear conditions.
A practical session will incorporate correct inspections and safe irrigation of the ear. This workshop is currently available to registered nurses only. If you have queries about a workshop for care assistants, please email CPD Admissions for further information.
In this workshop you will aim to:
- understand the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear
- understand how to prevent ear problems, considering the patient holistically
- develop knowledge on which to base wax instrumentation and ear irrigation according to their own level of competence
- know when not to irrigate
- understand the problems faced by people with hearing loss and tinnitus
- know how to decontaminate equipment
- know how to document ear care.