- Vocational qualification Level 4
- A distancia
- Campus online
- Envío de materiales de aprendizaje
- Servicio de consultas
A mejorar N/A.
Curso realizado: Octubre 2016 | Recomendarías este centro? Sí.
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Skills and Training
There are 7 lessons:
1. Introduction to Leadership
- Naure, scope and purpose
- Leadership in Recreation
- Leadership Concepts
- Four Framewor Leadership Model
- Scope of Leadership
- Leisure Leadership
- Negligence -Legal Liability
- Providing Protection
- Understanding Legal Requirements and Controls
- Qualities of a Recreaqtion Leader
2. Leadership Characteristics/Qualities
- Effective Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- How People become Leaders
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Life Cycle Leadership
- The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid
- Informal Leadership
- Inspirational Theories
- Path Goal Theory
- Instrumental Theories
- Maslows Theory of Motivation
- Poor Leadership
3. Interpersonal Relationships
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dealing with Problem Situations
- Stubborn Clients
- Clients who do not Listen
- Assertion or Aggression
- Body Language
- Types of Non Verbal Communication
4. Communication Skills
- Principles of Communication
- Leadership Communication
- Understanding Communication Barriers -culture, senses, perception, wellbeing, etc
- Gaining attention
- Public Speaking
- Telephone Skills
5. Team Building
- Leading Effective Teams
- Team Benefits
- Ways to Start a Team
- The Elements of a Team,
- Problems and solving Team Problems
- Types of Team Members
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Shared Leadership
- Democratic Leadership
- Relationship Building with Clients
- Loyal Customers
- Discount Customers
- Needs Based Customers
- Impulse Customers
- Physical Factors
6. Systematic and Lateral Thinking
- Think of the Right Approach
- Understanding Cognition
- Lateral Thinking
- Systematic Thinking
- Winin Negotiation
- Significance of leadership.
- Role and tasks of leadership.
- Integration of factual information with theoretical information to derive a sensible solution to a leadership problem in a sensible timeframe.
- Planning the development and building of the team to achieve these aims.
- Planning actions for sustaining and motivating the team to achieve the aims.
- Information on a plan of action to organize events
- Describe the nature and scope of Leadership.
- Determine the qualities which are required in a leader, in different leadership situations, including the workplace, recreation industries and developmental applications.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in support of effective leadership.
- Communication leadership messages effectively to those you lead.5. Team Building.
- Explain methods that may be used for effective team building by a leader.
- Select appropriate thought processes to follow in order to deal with different leadership problems.
- Lead teams through innovative and creative processes
Interview 2 different types of leaders, selected from any two of the following types:
- Youth Leader
- Play Leader
- Fitness Leader
- President of a Social Club
- Sporting Team Captain or Coach
- President of some other type of club or organisation (eg. Garden Club, Elderly Citizens Club).
- Any other type of Recreation Leader
- Do they consider themselves a leader?
- What skills do they consider necessary for leading people?
- Do they think that they are skilled in leadership? Why?
- Do they believe that leadership is an inherent quality or something that they have learned?
Observe two leaders, eg. fitness leaders, social leaders, scouts leaders etc.
Observe their performance and attempt to identify ways in which they apply the specific leadership skills which you have read about. Make a note of any techniques you note being used, which you feel could be useful to you in the future.