Presentation SkillsCity University London
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Skills and Training
Over the duration of the Presentation Skills course, you will learn to develop an effective preparation process, including:
- Clarifying your objectives - what do you want your audience to feel, think and do?
- Structuring a clear, concise and persuasive message;
- Exploring creative approaches which make an impact;
- Adapting rhetorical devices to make your message stick;
- Handling nerves and eliminating tension, using techniques from psychology and the theatre;
- Harnessing voice and body language to engage your audience;
- Playing with status to build rapport and credibility;
- Performing prepared and impromptu speeches.
Informal assessment will take place through group discussion, class room activities, and questions and answers sessions, as guided by your tutorTopics Covered:Week 1Introductions & Objectives
Who are you and what do you want from the course? Presentation course overview and outline of some fundamental principles of public speaking and presentation.Week 2How to prepare your message for presentation
Preparing content and the range of structures; the uses of storytelling; tailoring your presentation for the audience, using visual and other presentation aids.Week 3How to prepare yourself for a presentation - Part1 *
Body language & presence; physical warm up, relaxation techniques, and confidence-building techniques; credibility, status and rapport using non-verbal behaviour.Week 4How to prepare yourself for a presentation - Part2 *
Warming up the voice, and building vocal power and tone to engage your audience.Week 5Using rhetoric
An introduction to rhetorical skills and use of imagery. How language can make your message stick.Week 6Connecting it up
Famous speeches, soliloquies or poetry. Applying voice, physical presence and gesture to a prepared text.Week 7Your presentations
Feedback and coaching on your own presentations.Week 8Your presentations
Feedback and coaching on your own presentations.
* Please wear comfortable clothes you can move freely in as these weeks will contain gentle physical exercises. I suggest trousers for women.