ManagementThe University of Melbourne
Precio a consultar
- Melbourne (Australia)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Effective management enables businesses and organisations to achieve their goals. Management is more than just the leadership and control exercised by senior executives – management skills are practised by people in all roles and are valuable at every stage of your career.
Regardless of your primary profession, you will probably take on management responsibilities at some point, usually sooner rather than later. Studying management equips you with the leadership, analysis, planning and decision-making skills to succeed from day one. Key management responsibilities include:
- Providing direction through leadership, strategic planning and decision-making
- Recruiting, training and managing staff, and developing the capabilities of the organisation
- Developing efficiency, quality and innovation in operations in a global context
- To fulfil these responsibilities successfully, managers need specialised knowledge. They need to know what makes organisations successful, and how to analyse, manage and improve performance in a range of organisational areas.
Management studies are an ideal starting point if you are seeking a career in the fields of human resource management, international management, operations management and organisational development. They are also a valuable complement to studies in another area, such as accounting or finance.
In this major, you can choose subjects from the following management specialist areas:
- Human resource management
- International business
- Business management
- Operations management.
Graduates of the Management major are well prepared for careers in the following areas:
- Management consulting
- Roles in government and not-for profit organisations
- Roles spanning remuneration and benefits, recruitment, employee and industrial relations, training and development; occupational health and safety; and equity and diversity management
- Operations and supply chain management
- Business process improvement and quality assurance
- Project management
- Organisational development and change.