Community Learning & DevelopmentUniversidad de Glasgow
En Glasgow (Escocia)
Precio a consultar
- Glasgow (Escocia)
You would normally be expected to hold a first degree or equivalent.
- If you want to discover ways in which you can help people realise their potential and work together for a fairer, healthier and happier world, this may be the programme for you.
- You will be awarded a professional qualification in Community Learning and Development upon successful completion of the PgDip. This is accredited by the Community Learning and Development Standards Council in Scotland. It will enable you to work in the field of CLD: including community development work, youth work, health, housing and social and economic regeneration.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a network of community development projects. The people orchestrating these projects contribute to the taught aspects of the programme and also provide you with placement opportunities.
- MEd: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- PgDip: 9 months full-time; 18 months part-time
- Models of community & development
- Social theories for community learning & development
- Empowerment strategies for community learning & development
- Educational approaches to community learning & development
- Practice placement
- Research project (MEd only)
Career prospectsCareer opportunities include positions in community development work, youth work, health, housing and social and economic regeneration. You may have the opportunity to work for local authorities, the voluntary sector, further and higher education institutions as well as many other interesting areas.