Making person centered dementia care REALCity University London
En Islington (Inglaterra)
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
What will I learn?
The short course provides a range of techniques that can improve staff ability to
- Consider the person, their life, background and culture – rather than the dementia
- Respect the person as an equal – treating them as we want to be treated
- Reflect on how their ‘personhood’, interests and life experiences affect their needs and preferences now
- Consider a range of options for more effective interaction with the person during tasks
- Understand how a person’s needs change as their dementia deepens.
Teaching and Assessment
A range of learning methods are integrated into the day: interaction, exercises, film, games, reflection and group work. There is no assessment.