AS Level EconomicsHome Study Zone
£ 245 - ($ 4.719)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
This AS Level Economics Course is ideal for anyone wishing to gain a knowledge and understanding of this subject or for anyone who wishes to study at a higher level at University and gain UCAS points. You will also find this course extremely valuable if you are looking for a progression route for further training whilst employed.
Please note: A‰Ûª Levels are changing over the next few years, click here for more information.
This AS Level Economics course forms part of the new linear qualifications. This means that students will sit exams for their particular qualification at the end of the completed course in the June series.
AS levels will become decoupled from A‰Ûª Levels; this means that they will both become entirely separate qualifications. You will no longer be able to carry forward your AS qualification to the A‰Ûª Level qualification and you will sit either AS or A‰Ûª Level exams.
AS Level Course
Paper 1, written exam: 1 hour 30 minutes, 70 marks in total, 50% of AS
Paper 2, written exam: 1 hour 30 minutes, 70 marks in total, 50% of AS
This course covers the full AQA AS Level Economics specification meaning you will not require any further study resources.
The operation of markets and market failure
1. Economic methodology and the economic problem
2. Price determination in a competitive market
3. Production, costs and revenue
4. Competitive and concentrated markets
5. The market mechanism, market failure and government intervention in markets
The national economy in a global context
6. The measurement of macroeconomic performance
7. How the macroeconomy works : the circular flow of income, AD/AS analysis, and related concepts
8. Economic performance
9. Macroeconomic policy
- Paper 1 will cover content from topics 1-5
- Paper 2 will cover content from topics 6-9