Human Rights LawCity University London
Precio a consultar
- Short course
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Human Rights Law
- How Human Rights law touches and affects our everyday lives;
- How to approach the study of Human Rights in its legal context;
- To understand the ways in which Human Rights law interacts with other legal disciplines;
- How to analyse and apply the provisions of the Human Rights Act.
- Introduction and remedies;
- Torture and treatment of aliens;
- Liberty and security: police powers;
- Right to life;
- Contempt of court;
- Public order and freedom of association;
- Freedom of expression and obscenity;
- Privacy and secrecy;
Teaching and Assessment
Classes are delivered by means of lectures and group discussion. Students are invited to contribute by presenting personally prepared topics. Written work will be suggested by the tutor to supplement the talks and in-class exercises may be used to test students' knowledge.