Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)City University London
Precio a consultar
- Bachelor's degree
- Islington (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Skills and Training
APEL or Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning is a process that enables you to receive formal recognition for skills and knowledge you already possess that have not been previously assessed or awarded credit. If you chose to undertake the APEL module at the School of Health Sciences, your prior learning and professional experiences can be formally recognised and taken into account to gain entry to a higher education course in the School.APEL will be of particular value to you:
- If you do not have a diploma qualification or equivalent required for entry to a top-up undergraduate degree programme at the School of Health Sciences;
- If you have completed one or more modules at degree level at the School of Health Sciences, City University London, or at another institution in the UK, and do not have a diploma level qualification, but wish to join a top-up undergraduate degree programme;
- If you wish study for a mentorship qualification (Supporting and Assessing Learning Practice Settings, NM3272) at City University, which is a degree level module and do not have a diploma, you will need to complete the APEL module
During the module you will engage in critical reflection on professional experiences to evidence your prior learning where you will develop a portfolio of learning evidence. We will guide you through a mixture of online activities and resources, face-to-face group and individual tutorials to collate your learning evidence and demonstrate your academic writing skills required to learn at a higher level. You will be assessed at diploma level through a portfolio of evidence.
Satisfactory completion of this module does not award you credits towards a diploma or a degree. However it does accredit your prior learning to enable you to access an undergraduate top-up degree programme at the School of Health Sciences. After you have completed the APEL module successfully our student record system will be updated to record your progress to degree level studies, should you wish to study for an undergraduate degree programme at the School.
Note: Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) is different from APEL. It can be used to avoid repeating specific modules of learning by providing evidence if you have undertaken modules in the past at the School of Health Sciences, City University London, or at another institution in the UK. Please contact the programme leader for the programme you are interested in to find out more about APL, if that is relevant to you.Course Information Start Date Cost Course Code Apply For additional dates please register your interest Home / EU - £1,250 CH2083 Register Interest Eligibility
Non EEA - (European Economic Area ) students can only apply as part of a programme, not as a stand-alone module.
- You must possess 120 level 4 credits. This would be equivalent to (level 4) certificate level qualifications in the UK. Please note that if you have gained a diploma qualification overseas, this may be equivalent to a certificate qualification in UK. In the latter case you will need to enrol for the APEL module before joining the a BSc top-up degree programme
- You may have studied for occasional degree level modules in the past or more recently, but do not have a diploma or equivalent qualification.
For those students whose first language is not English, one of the following qualifications is also required:
- IELTS: 7.0 overall; with at least 7.0 in the listening, reading, writing and speaking sections
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.Application Deadline: