58972 Advanced Apprenticeship in Hairdressing Level 3Wakefield College
Precio a consultar
- Castleford (Inglaterra)
¿Qué aprendés en este curso?
Hair and beauty
Skills and Training
What you will study
To gain the Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing you must complete nine units: four mandatory plus five optional units. ( Please note these units are subject to change for September 2015 ) .
* Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
* Provide hairdressing consultations services
* Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
* Promote additional services or products to customers
* Colour hair using a variety of techniques
* Provide colour correction services
* Creatively dress long hair
* Develop and enhance creative hairdressing skills
* Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
You will also be expected to work towards Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English, depending on your existing achievements in these areas.
Maths and English (and sometimes IT) are key elements of apprenticeship programmes and if you do not already have a GCSE at grade A*-C in these subjects you will be required to study Functional Skills at the appropriate levels.
Skills in Maths and English will support your apprenticeship programme, assisting you with assignment writing, research, job applications, presentations, managing your own finances and interpretation of data, to mention just a few. They will also help you in the future. Most employers are looking for ability in these areas and the majority of university courses require you to have Maths and English GCSEs at A*-C. This is why the development of Maths and English is so important, whatever your field of study.